The institution frequently organises programmes to ensure holistic development of our students. These are as follows:
- Moral and ethical value: In the beginning of the academic session one week orientation programme is organised in which lectures are delivered by our faculty members on the moral and ethical values. We also regularly organise seminars on the birth day of great personalities in which lectures on moral and ethical values are delivered by our faculty members and resource persons. In-class seminars help the weak as well as the advanced learners to improve their performance. Weekly Association programmes and association activities organized by all the departments contribute to the overall development of the students. Students are also encouraged to participate in seminars, conferences and workshops organized by other institutions and universities.
- Employable and Life Skills: The College understands that the need of communication skills is vital for the students for better career options. Therefore the institution arranges Verbal and Written Communication Skills workshops. Group discussions, Essay writing etc. is held at regular intervals both in regional and English language in the institution. It is a regular practice of the institution to invite expert resource persons to conduct workshops on the development of communication competence among the students. Students are also encouraged to organize cultural programmes, quiz competitions, seminars, workshops etc. In this way they improve their team building and organizational skills.
- Better career options: A career guidance cell functioning in the college gives orientation on various career options and informs students about the call for opportunities. Awareness programmes are conducted by experts to selected group of students and reference materials are made available to them. As majority of our students are from the rural background, special attention is paid in organizing programmes on personality development. Spoken English classes are also organised to make the students able to compete in this new era of globalisation.
- Community orientation: Students of NSS undergo a minimum of 45 days of compulsory Social Service during the 3 year UG programme as per the university orders. The aim is to arouse the social conscience of student community, inculcate service mentality among students and to prepare them to be useful to the society. National Service Scheme (NSS) of the institution creates a spirit of service among students to the fellow being and to the society. It also aims at the personality development of student by interaction and participation in various social and cultural activities. Greening programmes, cleanliness drive, blood donation camps, AIDS awareness programmes, Anti-drug campaigns, Cancer awareness programmes etc., are few of the activities to be cited.
- Publication of student magazines: The college started publication of college magazine â€˜Sankalpâ€™ in 2013. The students of the college very enthusiastically contribute with their articles in the 1st issue of the magazine. The college magazine is printed in the supervision of the college editorial board.
- Extension and outreach programmes: Institution organizes various extension and outreach programmes for overall development of our students. Click to see List of Programmes organized in 2012-13.